Flower Show – March 17-19, 2016
Day: March 17, 2016 Time: 10:00 AM-06:00 PM
This is Two Great Events in One – Spanning 3 days. March 17 – 19.
1. The Flower Show: “Garden Games” will cultivate all kinds of fun with dynamic full scale floral exhibits that celebrate indoor and outdoor games. PHOTOS just ADDED.
2. Spring Marketplace: Popping up across campus at Maplewood Estates is a NEW addition to the event offering a shopper’s paradise featuring the wares of local crafters, arts venues, culinary artisans, farmers and more. Read More.
Thursday, March 17, 10am – 6pm
Friday, March 18, 10am – 6pm
Saturday, March 19, 9am – 2pm – Family Day – Special Activities for younger audiences.
GALLERY: Click on the image to enlarge.
There’s so much to do at the Flower Show you may want to plan your visit to take advantage of all the attractions. Make time to take in the beautiful entrance gardens, large themed murals, container garden competition, senior and student art galleries, “Flowertown Junction” working garden train exhibit, craft and unique gift show, spring plant sale, quilt sale, sweet shop, gift shop, thrift shop and much more.
Finding Your Way Around: Where will you begin your visit? This map may help.
Park Once and See it All: Free Shuttle Service will take you to attractions and parking.
CAMPUS LOCATION: 800 Maple Avenue, Harleysville
Attractions: Main “Garden Games” Main Exhibit, Entrance Gardens, Mini Craft Fair (10 vendors), Creations Café Snack and Sweet Shop (featuring Bergins Chocolates), Food Court – Lunch-Time Concessions (See Sample Menu Below), Spring Plant, House Plant, Quilt and Bake Sales, Senior Art Gallery, Photo Exhibit “Making the Flower Show”, House Plant Sale, Gift Shop and Thrift Shop.
CAMPUS LOCATION: 815 Maplewood Drive, Harleysville
Attractions: Spring Marketplace, Entrance Gardens, “Flowertown Junction” Working Garden Trains, Student Art Gallery, Gift Shop, Photo Exhibit, Season’s Café Casual Dining, Kid’s Art Contest, Personal Home Tours and a Pancake Breakfast on Saturday 8am – 10am.
Also on Saturday: Kids Make ‘n Take, Kids’ Game Room, Awards Ceremony at 12:30pm and Special Children’s Activities.
GROUPS of 10 or more: Please make a reservation below or call our Life Enrichment Department at 215-256-9501.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Where do I park? There are large event parking lots at both campus locations. Please follow signs to event parking when you arrive. If on campus parking is full, there are overflow lots available with shuttle service to the events. They are located across adjacent streets and are marked with signs. The one for the Flower Show Main Exhibit is located at Indian Valley Middle School. The one for the Spring Marketplace is located behind the building at Maplewood Estates. Refer to the map on this page for designated parking. Shuttle service will be available to pick you up and take you to the main entrances. All shuttles are handicapped accessible.
2. Are there places that I cannot park? We ask that you do NOT park in numbered parking places on campus. These belong to our community members so that they have access to their homes.
3. What’s new this year? We are continually refreshing this event. This year we are touting the new Spring Marketplace – A Celebration of the Arts – where more than 25 local crafters, culinary artisans, arts venues, farmers and more will be gathering on our campus for your shopping pleasure. Stay tuned and we will let you know who will be joining us.
4. What about the original craft show by the main exhibit? We will still be having your favorite vendors near the main exhibit. We have had so many requests to exhibit from local artisans that we have expanded the craft show to a second venue just across campus. And with Easter just around the corner, it will be a shopper’s paradise. Plan your day accordingly, there are now two shopping experiences.
5. Where should I go when I get there? That depends whether you would like to see the main exhibit first or do some shopping first. See the campus locations above. The venues are just a few minutes apart by car or shuttle and there is parking and shuttle service at both locations.
6. Will food be available? There will be many opportunities for you to grab a snack or a meal at both campus locations. Here is what is available:
Creations Café (located across the hall from the Senior Art Gallery) offers fresh baked soft pretzels and wonderful warm chocolate chip cookies as well as cold and hot beverages during event hours. There is also a sweet shop featuring Bergin’s Chocolates in Creation’s Café. (Located at 800 Maple Avenue)
The Food Court offers a delectable lunch time menu including their signature corn chowder, hot dogs, fries, salads, sandwiches, desserts (blue berry and peach cobbler) and an assortment of hot and cold beverages. There is ample seating for small and larger parties. The food court is open daily during the event from 11am – 3pm on Thursday and Friday and 11am – 2pm on Saturday.
Season’s Café offer breakfast, lunch and dinner during the event. A special menu will be available during the event and there is lots of seating to available to relax and rest if needed. It is located on the second floor of Maplewood Estates at the location of the Spring Marketplace. (815 Maplewood Drive)