Fall Education Series 1: The Healthcare Labyrinth – Morning or Evening
Day: September 19, 2017 Time: 10:00 AM-11:15 AM
The Healthcare Labyrinth:
Navigating the Myriad Medical Choices in a Health Crisis
This is the first of three in our Fall Education Series. Please join us at one or all of these informative workshop style presentations designed to give you and your family members the tools to effectively navigate some of the toughest life decisions. There is no charge to attend.
The first session will walk you through circumstances you might face in a health crisis and help you understand rehabilitation choices, supplemental insurance, how to be prepare for a doctor consultation and more.
Topics to be discussed:
- Walking through a Crisis; how would the hospitalization and insurance help you recover
- Rehabilitation at the hospital or in another setting or at your home
- Supplemental services for recovery at home; insurance limitations, privately pay options, long term care insurance review
- Doctor consultation preparation; have you asked about side effects of treatment, surgery, new medications?
- How to use the crisis as a starting point for difficult discussions
Please choose Morning or Evening:
Tuesday, Sept. 19,
Please let us know if you are attending in the morning or the evening in the comments section of the registration form.
Kate Roberts, MSW, LSW, is the Director of Support Services at Peter Becker Community.
I have been a social work for almost 20 years and have spent the last decade specifically working with older adults. I have spoken privately and publically on a wide range of topics from insurance, depression, anxiety and crisis implications on behalf of PBC and look forward to sharing some of that knowledge and experience with folks outside our community.