Involvement that values our place in the world
Our community is privileged to have residents who devote their time and talents through volunteering on campus and giving back to the community. Many are involved in their church groups, civic organizations and other associations.
On any given day, groups of residents of Peter Becker Community are planning, coordinating and implementing acts of kindness. Volunteer programs at the community range from those that help residents support one another to those that reach out to one of the many area nonprofit organizations we support, with programs that include aiding local food banks, knitting caps for premature babies, supporting little league teams and more.
Thousands of hours are given back to Peter Becker Community every year through various activities, special events and day-to-day interactions. We welcome volunteers of all ages to get involved in a variety of important functions.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing leadership and organization
- Assisting in the thrift shop
- Helping with special events
- Assisting with bed making
- Distributing linens
- Watering plants
- Delivering fresh water for residents
- Delivering mail
- Serving as friendly visitors
- Transporting residents to activities, beauty shop, worship services and the rehabilitation department
Annual Flower Show
- Painting and designing of sets and props
- Greeting visitors
- Serving as display ambassadors
- Assisting with bake sale
- Working in Maple Corners Gift Shop and Ridgeview Gift Shop
- Engaging residents in crafts and hobbies
- Caring for plants in the greenhouse
- Serving as worship volunteers
- Participating in special campus events and sharing experiences about their decision to call Peter Becker Community “home”
It’s easy to become a Peter Becker Community volunteer. Simply fill out this application and then call to arrange a personal visit with our volunteer coordinator.